Checkerblock

Escofet_lab
1992
Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886
Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886

Checkerblock is a vibro-moulded, reinforced concrete cast stone grid paving system that acts as a semi-vegetative blanket on a horizontal or sloped surface. It can also be adapted to gently undulating reliefs. 30% of its surface area is hard and in the form of a checkerboard and the other 70% is formed by openings filled with lawn or sand. It is suitable for planting grass blankets in urban environments, preventing the formation of puddles and protecting it from erosion caused by the presence of pedestrians, and the occasional presence of light vehicles with a maximum load of 900 kg per wheel.

Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886
Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886
Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886
Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886
Checkerblock pavimento reticular de Escofet 1886

True to its name, Checkerblock is presented as an element that creates a checkerboard in urban space, confining the fertile substrate on which the grass grows. 

The square geometry of each piece is in the form of a mesh that contains 16 paving stones connected to each other by concrete ribs hidden beneath the vegetation. Their cross section permits the optimum development and growth of the grass which colonises the empty spaces in different Grassing proportions. Due to its high drainage capacity, it maintains the natural rainwater cycle, re-injecting it into the water table.

The Solar Reflectance Index by UV, visible and near infrared spectrophotometry pursuant to the ASTM E903 standard, obtains a result of SRI=38.2%. The Grassing permeability coefficient is 70% according to measurements contrasted in test laboratories. 

Vibro-moulded reinforced concrete paving stones in a 61x61 cm format and with a thickness of 10 cm, with a moulded finish and a fine smooth texture in colour grey. They are laid on a bed of compacted sand with a thickness of 4-6 cm, which in turn is spread over a bed of levelled P.M 95% compacted soil (UNE 103-501-94). It is then filled with topsoil before sowing, or just with sand.

Características

Checkerblock
61 x 61 x 10 cm / 41,5 kg
Materials
Wet cast reinforced Concrete
Colours:

GR. Grey

GR. Grey

Products in the catalogue